Claire Wivell Plater
Claire has enjoyed a distinguished legal career, founding The Fold Legal in 2002 to provide regulatory and commercial advice on diverse aspects of financial services and before that, 17 years with Phillips Fox (now DLA Piper) as an insurance law specialist. She also spent 2.5 years with ING Australia, in various commercial roles.
Claire was instrumental in the early development of the fintech movement in Australia; by assisting to establish Fintech Australia, and contributing to government policy development in diverse areas such as the regulatory sandbox, digital advice and blockchain regulation. She is an active investor and adviser to a number of startups.
She was a member of ASIC’s Business Advisory Committee to the Registry and Licensing Division between 2009-2019, a member of the Federal Treasurer’s Fintech Advisory Group between 2016-2019 and Honorary Counsel to the Institute of Managed Account Providers between 2009-2019.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Sydney (1981)
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (2019)
- Chairman/Majority Shareholder - The Fold Legal Pty Limited
- Director – Youi Holdings Pty Ltd
- Director – Athena Financial Pty Ltd
- Director – The Stella Prize